Interview with Greg K (About Future Plans)
- Q: In February you brought the ‘Ignition’ tour to us, do you have any plans in the future to perform your albums in their entirety, say maybe ‘Smash’ for its 20th anniversary next year?!
- Greg K: It’s been discussed, I think it’s gonna happen, I’m not sure how many shows or where it’s gonna go or where it’s gonna take us but there’s been discussions. There’s been interest in it and we’ll go from there. It’s different from ‘Ignition’ though as some of those songs we haven’t played in years and some of the songs we never played live, whereas ‘Smash’ we’re still playing three, four, five, even six of those songs we played in the last year. It’s gonna be different as it’s not going to seem so nostalgic because half these songs we play all the time anyway.
- Q: ‘Days Go By’ has been out for over a year now, are you working on new material and if so do you have an idea of when we could expect a new album?
- Greg K: We’re been working on a couple of singles, we’re not sure what we’re going to do with them yet, if we’re going to put them on the internet and send them to radio or whatever. As far as a full scale album there’s nothing in the works, if we do something it wouldn’t be until at least next year, but we’re still moving forward and still going to keep trying to put out new stuff.
- Q: Also, I believe a live album is in the works, when can we expect to hear the end result of that?
- Greg K: We’ve been recording live stuff, we’ve been trying to get some stuff together and I don’t know if we’re going to maybe do one show where we kind of do it, it’s something we’ve discussed for years, but as far as a definitive ok this is going to be it that’s not quite there yet but I think that will be in the future.
- Q: What is it that keeps you going after all this time?
- Greg K: As long as things still seem like they’re moving forward then that’s it. As long as it’s still fun for us and exciting then we’ll keep doing it. This last Australian tour we did when we did Soundwave, we hadn’t been there in five years and we were playing against Metallica, playing at the same time and we thought we’re going to get killed and it turned out to be awesome, our side of the stage was packed every night and the crowd went nuts and we thought, wow this is cool, let’s go back. So as long as things keep on feeling like they’re moving forward and are fresh and fun then we’re going to keep going.
- Q: What does 2014 have in store for The Offspring?
- Greg K: Well we talked about doing some stuff with ‘Smash’, to what scale and we’re going to see what interest it is, but from just talking to our management and stuff like that, there could be some full scale touring going on for most of the summer for us.
- Q: And if you keep up this rate with us I dare say we’ll see you next year again too…
- Greg K: Yeah I don’t know, we may have worn out our welcome with this one, so we’ll see, it might be another five years, but hopefully it’s not that long again, I’d like to get there at least once every other year.
I need my glasses to find my glasses do you see my problem
You can’t even see your problem